The Jagiellonian Language Centre offers a variety of theme courses, designed for students and participants who would like to develop their linguistic competence within a given topic area or improve their language skills in general, i.e. speaking, listening, reading and writing. Most of our theme courses cover two semesters (of 30 hours each, 60 hours in total) and they can be taken:
- as an obligatory language course in the second-cycle and doctoral programmes, of 60 hours or more;
- as a voluntary course, by students who have free tokens in USOS, for example those who have been exempt from an obligatory language course after passing an international examination or having already finished an obligatory language course in the first-cycle programme;
- besides the obligatory language course, as a paid course (additional tokens for enrolling in the course can be purchased at the Jagiellonian Language Centre office, room 226 at ul. Ingardena 3; the amounts required are specified in the regulations of the Rector of the JU on charges for educational services).
The levels of linguistic competence of our theme courses are specified according to the CEFR.
Students can enrol for our theme courses through the USOS system.
- English: Academic Reading and Speaking, Academic Skills and Language in Psychology, Critical Thinking in Philosophy, Current Trends in Society and Culture, English for Art and Architecture, English for Polish Studies, Films and TV Shows, History and Human Thought Reflected in Art, Legal English, Teaching children and teenagers challenges and opportunities
- French: Le français dans la culture et dans l’art
- German: Mit Uebersetzen und Praesentieren in die Fachwelt
- Spanish: Descubrimos América Latina
Brak plików w katalogu